Evaluation of the Hepatitis B S100 Community Prescriber Program on behalf of the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
Client: Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
Project duration: 4.5 months
ZEST Health Strategies was engaged to evaluate the Hepatitis B S100 Community Prescriber Program, which facilitates education, accreditation and ongoing support for GPs to prescribe specialised medications for chronic hepatitis B (CHB). The evaluation was designed to identify the Program’s short to medium term outcomes and to inform continuous quality improvement by providing recommendations to optimise the Program.
The evaluation spanned the period July 2015 to December 2017 and used a mixed-methods approach including:
- Review of program data and information
- Analysis of an annual GP prescriber survey
- Interviews with 30 program stakeholders including GPs, specialists, program partners and people living with CHB
- Analysis of population-level data including CHB population size estimates and care coverage
- A high level cost-effectiveness analysis of the Program.
Findings and recommendations were included in a report for ASHM to inform the future implementation and continuous improvement of the Program.
Project team: Hayden Jose | Kathryn Dinh